The Northern Junior Golf Tour (NJGT) has successfully been operating for over 12 years and we are now looking for an individual to co-ordinate our Northumberland events starting in April 2021. If you have a passion for Junior Golf, are great with people and can be available to run 6 events already confirmed then we would love to hear from you.
- To administer, coordinate and promote the NJGT in Northumberland.
Outline of Role
The NJGT County Coordinator will:
- Support the NJGT team and Directors to develop an effective programme of events for young people (boys and girls aged 6-15 years).
- Attend as a minimum all the events in their appointed County (6 events in total)
- Will undertake administration duties relating to the coordination of events including issuing tee times, finalising results & order of merits, managing player databases, communication with parents, young people & host clubs, online scoring/handicap score submissions and promotion of the brand.
- Assist the Directors in monitoring the performance of the NJGT and support any continued development, of the brand and events.
- Attend planned meetings (mainly via Conference Call) and other associated planning events as required (Grand Final for example).
- Give guidance to players and parents when requested.
- Ensure the smooth running of the events.
- You’ll be provided with NJGT branded PING clothing to be used at the events.
- We’ll pay you £100 per event to manage the day (Please note, you will be responsible for your own tax & declaration to the HMRC)
- You will also be invited to other exclusive events such as NJGT Golf Days, Pro Am’s etc.
- You’ll be part of a dynamic team growing Junior Golf in the North region.
The role involves working with children and young people therefore there are minimum operating standards to be in place prior to starting:
- Post holder will be required to undergo a DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- The post holder will be a proficient user of IT and digital technology.
- Full training on utilising our IT systems will be given.
- The successful candidate will need to be available on the following days to run the Northumberland events:
5/04/2021 – Alnmouth GC
16/05/2021 – Matfen Hall GC
23/05/2021 – Warkworth GC
13/06/2021 – Longhirst GC
11/07/2021 – Allendale GC
08/08/2021 – Whitley Bay GC
We are looking for someone who…
- has experience of managing events, has a passion for Golf and can work on their own initiative.
- has excellent planning and organisational skills, is a strong communicator and is proficient in IT such as Microsoft Word, Excel & other digital systems.
- is self motivated, can maintain a high standard of work, has excellent customer service skills & has a good understanding of the rules of Golf.
- Facilities to work from home.
- Own transport
- Access to phone, internet & own laptop
If you think you are the right person for this role then please tell us in no more than 200 words why you would like this opportunity linked to the above statements.
Please email this to Jason Budd – Director at email@example.com
For an informal chat about the role please feel free to call Jason Budd on 07712 549609.
Closing date: 31st January 2021